Friday 1 November 2013

Learning- Fashion Laboratory

30th of October

We had a dream-come-true lecture with Lynden from Domino Records.
She mentioned all the things I'm fascinated with during the first part of the session, then she went more formal, explaining the most important points of how licensing works when using the audio material in your project.
Was really important, I think, I faced the situations when I came to the UK, as I had that question in my head but had no clue of how to answer it. When using the music/ songs, who do I approach if I wanna use it- When? How? on what Terms? and What if I use it? Now I have a somewhat idea how it works in the UK!
Then she gave out some free CDs as a gift from Domino and shared an amazing chance to use some of the music of the artists of Domino Records on legal terms. This is such a great chance! I feel blessed!

The last part of the session was dedicated to showing our films. I really enjoyed working on the project, so I felt ready to share it with the others. The feedback was really nice, and I could tell Lynden liked it, which is very important. I am happy that the rest of the teams showed some nice ideas as well.
The group is really full of creative individuals which is so inspiring!

Outcome: 
-music free to use in the next film for school
-feedback on film
-new knowledge and connections

No comments:

Post a Comment